Monday, August 9, 2010

Books! Books! Books!

Yeah, exactly what I need more of! On Saturday I went to my local chapter meeting (love my Gulf Coast ladies!!) and some of the women who went to Nationals brought back extra books. My tbr pile is wildly overflowing and I even brought a book to have Cynthia Eden sign at the meeting and still left with a couple more, lol. When I saw a J.D. Robb book I knew it was coming home in my purse! My husband just shook his head when I pulled out more books than I'd left with. He doesn't even question me anymore. The meeting was so amazing and I'm glad I made it. Four women gave recaps of different presentations from Nationals and all of them were very informative. Thankfully I brought my notebook to take notes!


While the weekend was great I'm glad it's over and I can get back into writing this week. I've started on a new story and so far I'm loving it. My hero is a little temperamental and stubborn but I'm finally coaxing him into telling me his story :)


What did y'all do this weekend?

2 comments:

Terry Odell said...

I've had to start holding contests to give away some of those conference books! But I know what you mean--especially with a JD Robb.

Weekend - not a lot. Having our first non-family guests in a short while, so did shopping, cleaning, food prep. Also published a free short to Smashwords. So I guess maybe more than I thought!

Terry
Terry's Place
Romance with a Twist--of Mystery

Wynter Daniels said...

Glad you like your new chapter! I also went to a chapter meeting, heard Karen Rose speak about chilling villains - great stuff! Did a huge amount of writing and revising.