Monday, September 13, 2010

Puppy Love

Over the weekend the cutest puppy followed me home. It was like something out of a movie. I was out for my morning walk and on the last stretch I saw the cutest little bulldog (huge paws!) across the street. Oblivious to cars and trucks, he darted across the street and fell in line with me. He licked my legs a few times and would not leave my side. He didn't have a collar but I could tell he was well-cared for so I was worried about him. I thought maybe he'd wandered away from his yard but the spot he'd started following me was by a huge park so it was impossible to tell which direction he'd come from.


I gave him food and water and he ate and drank the contents of both bowls before passing out on his little belly. Luckily the first vet I called knew who he belonged to and put me in contact with the owner. The girl who picked him up was practically in tears. She'd been watching him for her brother and he'd gotten out. She said she'd just been about to call her brother and admit what had happened.


That was my good deed for the weekend :)


In writing news, I'm working on edits for Dangerous Secrets, my first, upcoming release with Carina. The actual edits aren't bad but I'm changing a plot point and it's proving time-consuming. So, I'll be in my writing cave until these are finished.

6 comments:

Kaylea Cross said...

Aw, that is a nice deed! Imagine how sick she must have felt when she couldn't find him.

Best of luck with the edits. When's the release date? Or do you have to finish galleys and all that first before you find out?

Katie Reus said...

I know! I felt so bad for her when I opened the door. Years ago my dog got out and we couldn't find her for hours. It was such an awful feeling :(

February 7 is the date! Obviously it could change but it's more than a tentative time frame now, it's pretty solid :)

Carolyn Crane said...

Oh, how cute! Good for you. I bet you were relieved to find the owner so quickly.

December said...

aww- nice puppy! Good deed for the week, I'd say!

Tracy said...

Awww - he sounds adorable! You're such a good samaritan. :)

Wynter Daniels said...

Glad you found where the puppy belonged. Good karma coming your way, I'm sure. I've been so spoiled by quick, easy edits, but I know that won't be the case on my next book:-(