Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sold to NAL/Penguin!

For the past few days I’ve been very cautiously excited and now I have the official go-ahead from my wonderful agent, Jill Marsal, to announce that NAL/Penguin has contracted a 3-book deal on my paranormal romance trilogy! The release date is still very tentative (probably sometime in 2012) but it’s going to be part of the Signet Eclipse line and Danielle Perez is my new editor!!


She called today and was so nice on the phone and for some reason I couldn’t stop sweating. Like crazy sweating and if anyone had seen me, I would have been so embarrassed. It was so bizarre b/c it’s not
like it was in person and I was nervous about pitching or something. I mean, she was saying all these wonderful things about the story and just asking me normal questions but I think it was finally setting in that holy crap, I sold to NAL/Penguin.


For now, it’s all a little surreal. See the first picture of the flowers? My fabulous friend Kaylea Cross surprised me by sending those today and the others are from my wonderful mom and sister. The man got me some too but those aren’t blooming yet so I’m going to wait to post them.



More details will follow in the future but for some very brief details, the books are
a paranormal romance series featuring a pack of shifters battling a radical hate group intent on destroying all paranormal beings.

33 comments:

Jennifer L Hart said...

Congratulations! What a home run!

Sherry said...

Wonderful! Jillian

Sarai said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG YEAH!!!!! How exciting I'm so proud of you and so freakin excited for you. Let us know the date of release!!! They have to go on the To Be Bought Pile!!!!!!!!!!

Katie Reus said...

Thanks Jennifer & Jillian!

Katie Reus said...

Thanks Sarai! You know I'll keep you updated, girl :)

Tracy Wolff/Tessa Adams said...

Congratulations from another NAL Paranormal author! Enjoy the ride :)

Kristin Miller said...

CONGRATS! :)

SONZ4ME said...

congratulations! keep the guilty indulgent bloggers in mind when you are looking for reviewers. we blog at http://guiltyindulgencebookclub.blogspot.com/.

Katie Reus said...

Thanks Tracy and Kristen! :)

Thanks SONZ, it's a ways off (2012) but I def will :)

Manda Collins said...

Congratulations, Katie! So excited for you!

Katie Reus said...

Thanks Manda!! I was going to email you then forgot :) I can blame it on my crazy excited brain, right? ;)

Kaylea Cross said...

Freaking awesome!!! So proud of you :) Can't wait to hold those bad boys in my hands. I might even sleep with them under my pillow.

Katie Reus said...

Thanks Kaylea :) Don't worry, I won't judge you if you do!

Cynthia Eden said...

Such awesome news! Congrats!

Chudney Thomas said...

Congratulations!

Katie Reus said...

Thanks Cynthia and Chudney :)

December said...

OMG - HUGE congrats! I'm so happy for you!!

Pamela Cayne said...

Woo-hoo! I checked Amazon and they're not up for pre-order yet, but be assured I'll nab those little beauties the moment they pop up. Congrats!!!!!

Terry Odell said...

Congrats - can I say, "I knew her when?"

Wish I could be closer to give you an in person high five.

Terry
Terry's Place
Romance with a Twist--of Mystery

Tracy said...

Congratulations Katie! OMG that is so cool. How exciting for you. And yeah, I'd have been nervous on the phone call as well! :)

L.A. Mitchell said...

Aw, Katie...this is awesome. I'm SO happy for you!! Best wishes on your trilogy...it sounds great :)

Katie Reus said...

Thanks December! :)

And LOL Pamela! You're so freaking sweet. I don't even have my first edits yet so yeah, no pre-order yet :)

Katie Reus said...

Aww, thanks Terry :)

Katie Reus said...

Tracy! Thanks lady! And this isn't the thing I emailed you about saying I was waiting on....that one, I'm still waiting, lol :)

Katie Reus said...

Thanks, LA! I'll eventually post more details on the series, now I just need to wrap my head around all this :)

Nancy J. Cohen said...

Congratulations on your fantastic sale. You're going to be very busy from now on!

Katie Reus said...

Thanks, Nancy! I decided to take the weekend and relax for that very reason, lol. My new schedule starts Monday :)

MJFredrick said...

Huge congratulations!

Katie Reus said...

Thanks MJ :)

Caryn Caldwell said...

Oh, Katie, that's WONDERFUL!!! Wow. I read this and actually got tears in my eyes because I was so excited for you. Congratulations!

Katie Reus said...

Thanks Caryn!! That means so much :)

Carolyn Crane said...

OMG I just saw this. CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is so amazing!! Woo!

Katie Reus said...

Thanks Carolyn ;)