Monday, November 1, 2010

Back to Writing

Now that last week's news has finally settled in (sort of) it's back to my regular, structured writing schedule. When my agent submitted the first book in my paranormal trilogy, I started working on the second book almost immediately. After a month I decided to put it down in case we didn't sell the first because I didn't want to spend all that time on it if the first didn't find a home. Thankfully it wasn't a waste of time! I used that time to finish the fourth book in my Miami Scorcher series (under my alter ego) which I still need to clean up a bit. So, I've got my word count goal for the week and some chapters for book 2 I want to finish outlining.


What about you? What are your goals for the week, writing or otherwise?

5 comments:

Jax Cassidy said...

I know if you had joined NaNoWriMo, you'd kill it! You're one of those authors that can crank out a book--an editors dream, I tell ya! Miss you and when we meet up, we're celebrating right!!!!

December said...

I'm finishing up my entry for the GH, and prepping for a fast draft starting on the 8th.

Kaylea Cross said...

You know, Jax is right. It boggles the mind how much you crank out every week. Wish I could do the same! I always have trouble keeping my plot going, but you never seem to struggle with that. Got any advice?

Katie Reus said...

Lol, Kaylea. Yes, allow yourself to write crap. You can always go back and fix it! :)

Caryn Caldwell said...

Happy writing! I just sent my book to my CP and should have it back in the week. One more read-through of my synopsis, and that's off to her, too. Otherwise, it's just getting back into blogging and Twitter since I let both lapse and I missed those online writing communities.