Friday, December 31, 2010

The End of the Year & News about 2011


Holy crap, I can’t believe this year is almost over! I haven’t blogged in about two months so figured I’d post one last blog before the New Year. 2010 was an exciting year and I know 2011 will be full of even more adventures.


A little recap of my year: I sold two books to Carina (and absolutely love my editor, the wonderful Charlotte Herscher), both of which will be released next year. The first, Dangerous Secrets, will be out February 7 and I’m really excited about it! I also sold a handful of books to Ellora’s Cave (under my pseudonym), some that came out this year and two that will be out next year. I’m still waiting to hear back on a submission so I might have three. I also sold (thanks to my amazing agent) a trilogy to NAL which will be published under the Signet Eclipse line. Some of my favorite authors are published through them so it’s a double thrill for me!


While all this definitely makes for an amazing year, the coolest thing to happen to me is I found out I’m pregnant. A lot of you know and I haven’t exactly made it a secret on facebook this past week, but for those of you who don’t, finding out I’m pregnant has been the highlight of my year. We weren’t trying but we weren’t NOT trying either. It was sort of a ‘if it happens, it happens’. And it did, faster than we expected! I won’t know the sex of the baby for a few more weeks but when I do you can be sure I’ll announce it.


I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years. My blog will be up and running again full force starting late January/early February. For the entire month of February and part of March, I’ll be hosting a slew of wonderful authors for 30 days of Danger and Secrets. Cynthia Eden will kick off the 30 days on February 1st, and she’ll be followed quickly by Naima Simone, Carolyn Crane, Caridad Pineiro, and many many others! In addition to almost daily giveaways I will also announce a grand prize winner on March 2nd (a cute Nine West purse filled with over a dozen books by the hottest paranormal and romantic suspense authors). In a couple weeks I’ll post more details so make sure you check back!


Until then I hope everyone has an awesome and safe New Years!!

5 comments:

Kaylea Cross said...

So happy for you! What a great year 2010 has been and I can't believe all that you've accomplished. Not that it surprises me, mind you, because your work ethic and talent are astounding. 2011 is going to be so exciting for you!

Carolyn Crane said...

Wow, congratulations, Katie! woo hoo - Happy New Year!

Pamela Cayne said...

Congrats on your fabulous year--both personally and professionally. May 2011 be equally (if not more) awesome!!!

Tracy said...

Happy New Year Katie! Your 2011 will be full, full, full with that new bundle coming your way. Congratulations!

Thanks for a great 2010!

Sarai said...

HOLY CRAP apparently I suck! Why did I not read all of this news?!?!?! CONGRATS on everything but expecially on the new baby bundle heading your way how exciting!!!!

Yes keep us updated!!!!!!!!!!