Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Funday & Updates

My husband is in the process of transitioning jobs so this week he's not working which means he's hanging out at the house. Or he was hanging out here. I sort of kicked him out, he just doesn't realize it. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my hubby (if I didn't I think our marriage would be in trouble) but since I work from home during the week the morning hours until the early afternoon are my work hours. I take my schedule seriously (if I don't, no one else will) and as soon as that pot of coffee is made and my computer is turned on, it's writing time. Okay, I'm digressing...so I sort of insisted that he go hunting today and now he thinks I'm the best wife ever. I insisted because I'm on deadlines and need that extra quiet and knew he'd have more fun out in the woods anyway. If he stayed here I'd have probably hinted that the front yard desperately needs to be raked. ;)


On to writing updates!


Last week I finished my proposal for book #2 I have under contract with NAL/Penguin. I finished the actual book at the end of last year but wrote the proposal afterward. I'll admit I'm totally envious of those who can write their proposals/synopses before writing their books. It's something I haven't quite mastered yet. So far I'm really ahead of schedule and hope to finish book #3 by May/June (before the baby is born!). Technically book #3 isn't due until December but I'm planning on getting no writing done for the first couple months after the baby gets here so I want the majority of that book done ahead of time.


I also found out that Dangerous Secrets (Carina Press, 2/7/2011) will be going to Audible! I'm so excited about that! During my daily walks I listen to books on my iPod from Audible so it's pretty cool to know one of my books will be available from them.


Lastly, this Friday I'll be listing all the guest authors who will be hanging out here next month so I hope you check back. Just read the previous post for the February contest details if you missed it.


Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm off to buckle down and get some serious writing done today.

4 comments:

Terry Odell said...

My Hubster is retired. It's tough to work out the 'home all day every day for the rest of our lives' kind of scheduling. And the lakes are frozen so I can't send him fishing.

Terry
Terry's Place
Romance with a Twist--of Mystery

December said...

Totally understand about kicking the Husband out. The Big Guy plays a lot of gigs on weekends, which helps me miss him!
I'm starting on edits right now during week 3 of maternity leave.

Kaylea Cross said...

That's what I call a win-win situation! I have no doubt you'll knock out book 3 in record time. Bet you'll finish by the end of April.

Wynter Daniels said...

I have faith in you - you write so fast and so well. And you have a wonderful incentive to finish the book - time with baby;-)