Friday, February 18, 2011

Welcome Guest Author Toni Anderson

Congratulations, Katie on DANGEROUS SECRETS and thanks for inviting me to blog here with you today.


There is nothing I like better than the element of danger in my romance. Nothing that ups the stakes as much as someone with a hidden agenda plotting the downfall of the hero or heroine I’ve fallen in love with.



The first book I wrote (HER SANCTUARY) was about an undercover FBI agent who was brutally raped. She quits the Bureau and goes on the run. To all intents and purposes it’s a classic woman in jeopardy story but the twist at the end is where we find out the secrets and as the tagline of the book asks... Which would you choose? Revenge or redemption?



My most recent release (Storm Warning) is about a graduate student who thinks she’s going insane because her father’s ghost keeps appearing, but she’s the only one who can see him. The hero, Ben Foley, is the one with all the secrets. He’s an undercover DEA agent who just lost his partner in a shoot out with a drug cartel. He uses the attraction sparking between him and the heroine to get close to his prime suspect but is trapped by the same web of lies when he realizes she’s innocent and that he’s stupidly fallen in love with her.


In SEA OF SUSPICION there is nothing but secrets. Secret assignations, family betrayals, even a secret baby
J. I loved writing it. I loved the mystery. I like that people can lie in a story—not the protagonist to the reader—but characters to one another. It makes for a more compelling mystery and hopefully better suspense.


There are all sorts of Dangerous Secrets in the world from espionage to murder to sexual appetite. And what I love about writing is exploring what makes people tick, and what motivates people to do unspeakable things. Greed? Jealousy? Profit? Honour? Love? Desperation? I think there’s a story fitting every criteria and it’s fun exploring them.



Thanks so much for having me here, Katie, and I can’t wait to check out DANGEROUS SECRETS.



Thank you, Toni, for hanging out with us today! To learn more about Toni, check out her blog!
And don’t forget that the more you stop by and comment, the more times you’re entered into the drawing for the grand prize. See full details on the '30 days of Danger & Secrets' tab at the top left of the blog.

10 comments:

Jillian said...

Wow. I'm gonna have to really get on to Katie- this month of hers has added to my TBR pile like crazy! This one sounds wonderful!! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Danielle Gorman said...

This looks really good. Definitely going to have to put this one on the list.

Kaylea Cross said...

Hey Toni! I love it when a book keeps me guessing, especially if it's a romance :)

Anne said...

Hi, Toni-

You're a new to me author. I'm going to have to check out your books, I love romantic suspense.

Toni Anderson said...

Thanks, guys, and thanks, Katie for having me :)
Sorry I'm late to the party. I've spent the morning shopping for my daughter's birthday and tomorrow we have 8 girls descending for a sleepover. I know it'll be fun but...LOL...HELP!

Sarah said...

All of these books sound fun, Toni! I'll have to add them to my wishlist :-)

smaccall @ comcast.net

Stephanie said...

Both of these books look great. I love when heroes start out suspecting someone but as they learn more about the person, they try to find ways that they are innocent because they have gained feelings for him/her.

smccar1 at hotmail dot com

Diane said...

HI Toni,
your books sound suspenseful and I enjoy a good suspense.

Kelly Boyce said...

Great interview, Toni! The book sounds fabulous!!

Toni Anderson said...

Thanks, Sarah, Stephanie, Diane and Kelly :) And thanks again, Katie for having me :)