Monday, March 28, 2011

Bumble Bee Conspiracy

Lately it's been a lot warmer where I live so in the afternoons when I need a break from writing I'll try to take a quick 10-20 minute break on my back deck and get some sun. Unfortunately every time I go out there, these two stupid bumble bees show up without fail!

I try to be sneaky too. I always check and make sure they're gone and a couple times I've jumped in the shower beforehand to rinse off any traces of sweet-smelling lotion. It doesn't seem to matter what I do. They still show up after about five minutes of me laying there. Sometimes I can ignore them but the constant buzzing freaks me out and I swear they're ganging up on me, trying to drive me from my deck. I told my husband about my theory that they're conspiring against me, which of course he dismissed until this weekend. On Saturday morning we were watching the news and I guess I dozed on the loveseat in our living room. He said while I was sleeping two bees were buzzing around the window for about ten minutes, watching me! It's those little monsters, keeping tabs on me :(

Other than two annoying bees, the weekend was pretty tame. I got a cute pair of earrings from the Farmer's Market and worked on a proposal. What did everyone else do this weekend?

2 comments:

Kaylea Cross said...

Nah,they won't hurt you. They've got troubles of their own! Almost all honey bees have to be imported now, because all domestic stock are infected with a deadly parasite. It's only a matter of time before they succumb to it too. Now doesn't that make you feel bad for them?

I beta read a book by the awesome Jennifer L. Hart, blogged, did paperwork, cleaned up the garden and last night cooked dinner for 12 people. Plus nine loads of laundry, the dishes, cleaned the house. Feel tired just thinking about it!

Diane said...

I don't like any bees so watch out for them. Quiet weekend, the end of my vacation with a mandatory meeting on sunday night.