Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Funday

My husband has been working the night shift and for those of you who've dealt with this for long stretches of time (ahem, Wynter Daniels), I totally commend you. My schedule is totally out of whack, but I thought it would mean less cooking for me. Wrong. I could easily live on eggs, fruits and veggies, but my hubby is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. It doesn't matter if it's 6:30 in the morning, when he gets off a twelve hour shift he's craving a real meal. So I'm still cooking at night and just storing the meals in the fridge. There's a point to this, I swear. I made a simple chicken pot pie last night and he swears it's the best he's ever had. Maybe that's sleep deprivation talking, I don't know. Lately I've been playing around with new recipes since chicken alfredo and spaghetti gets boring after a while. In the next couple weeks I hope to share any new recipes I come up with (including pictures) so by putting it on my blog, I hope to force myself to follow through. We'll see if that happens!

Over the weekend I read Jennifer Ashley's Primal Bonds. After reading Pride Mates, I've been dying to read the next story and I wasn't disappointed. There seemed to be more 'magic' and supernatural stuff in this one than the first (though I could be wrong, it's been a while since I read the first) and I liked that more of the shifter and Fae world was explained. Plus, the chemistry between Sean and Andrea is hot and adorable at the same time. I loved all their flirting. Very well done and I can't wait for the next book in this series (Shifters Unbound). If you like shifter stories, this is one I definitely recommend.

And in personal news, I had an appointment with my doc last week and the baby has a strong heartbeat and I'm textbook normal with my 6 pound weight gain. At 23 1/2 weeks I'm over the halfway mark and so looking forward to meeting my baby boy in a few months!

What did everyone else do this weekend? Read any good books? Discover a new author?

Now I'm off to hopefully knock out 2,000 words today! Have a great Monday everyone.

1 comment:

Terry Odell said...

Enjoying some totally ME time while Hubster is off on a photo safari down in the Everglades. Did what I wanted when I wanted. Oh, and I got the executed contract for Book 3 in my Blackthorne, Inc. series. That was kinda nice.

Terry
Terry's Place
Romance with a Twist--of Mystery