Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Murder and Mayhem

I've always been intrigued by what makes folks tick, whether it was nosy neighbor Mrs. Kravitz in "Bewitched", conniving Villefort in The Count of Monte Cristo, or Atticus Finch in To Kill A Mockingbird. One of the best clarifications of characterization was given to me by writer Mona Sizer, who writes historical romance as Deana James. She told me to remember that every hero has his flaws and every villain has his reasons. I shall always treasure Mona's advice, because now when I write, her words are forefront in my mind as I craft characters.

In my first novel for Carina Press, Memories of You, the premise gives each character their reasons and flaws, some of their own making, some given due to circumstances. Protagonist Charlene Vargas works cold cases for the Houston PD, and when one case dovetails with the disappearance of her boyfriend, resolving both cases puts her in danger. Seth has a new face, given to him after a tragic automobile accident. What's worse, he doesn't remember the woman who can't forget him. Somehow his memory loss is connected to her cold case, and a killer is determined that neither discover who Seth really is and why he was resurrected after the car crash as someone else.

Please join me on March 21st when Memories of You debuts. Until then, one much-appreciated visitor to Katie's blog today gets their choice of one of my past releases. They may choose either La Bella Luna, published by Samhain, or erotic romantic suspense book Spies, Lies, & Duct Tape, published by Ellora's Cave.

May the Universe keep you in suspense...the good kind!

Bobbie Cole
http://authorlyncash.blogspot.com/

Thanks Bobbie for joining me today!! This is officially the last day of guest bloggers! I can't believe 30 Days of Danger and Secrets is almost over! Tomorrow the grand prize winner will be announced so for all you who've been visiting the blog the past month make sure you check back.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Congratulations on your first release with Carina Press. I just recently found out about C.P. and they're offering's look great.

I love the title Spies, Lies and Duct Tape. Duct tape and unsavory dealings are made for each other.

Katrina said...

Congrats! Memories of you sounds like an awesome read. Definately want to read Spies, Lies, a&Duct Tape as well

sweetpeg at gmail dot com

donnas said...

Memories of You sounds great. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to getting to read it when it comes out.

Cathy M said...

Great post, Bobbie, and congratulations on your upcoming release. Just peeked at the excerpt up at Carina, and this looks like my favorite kind of romantic suspense storyline.

Sarah said...

Congrats on your new novel! I've put it on my wishlist because it sounds like a good one :-)

smaccall @ comcast.net

Stephanie said...

Congrats on your release.

smccar1 at hotmail dot com

Diane said...

It's been a great 30 days!
Congratulations Bobbie Cole for your new release.