Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Updates!

After a month of awesome guest bloggers, my blog is back to normal! Currently I'm working on a project and since I want to finish the first draft by this weekend (then fun edits next week) I'll probably be quiet the next week or so.

But, I wanted to pop in and give some quick updates! I finished line edits for Deadly Obsession (releasing from Carina this August). The edits were more intense than I expected but the book totally shines now! Charlotte Herscher, my wonderful editor, is to thank for that!

Since there was a blog party here last month I didn't get to announce it, but I sold a shorter romantic suspense to Carina. From what I know so far, it won't be releasing until next year so when I have more details, I'll post them. I also sold two short novellas to Ellora's Cave (writing as Savannah Stuart). One is a continuing story in my Miami Scorcher series and the other is a light futuristic story that's super hot.

In totally non-writing related news, I went to my first Mardi Gras parade this past weekend and it was so much fun. Apparently Mardi Gras and moon pies go together like PB&J! Not to mention the crazy amount of beads and other swag they throw out. My MIL and aunt had no problem rubbing my belly and informing people I'm pregnant so I'd get more stuff... And it totally worked! I came home with a bag full of goodness! I've been to plenty of parades before but Mardi Gras in the South is totally different than anything I've been to before. People simply have no shame. No joke, I saw a woman pee in her pants and while I felt bad for her, she didn't seem to care or notice. That was the most disturbing part of all.

So what has everyone else been up to?

4 comments:

Chudney Thomas said...

Get people together in a crowd and some of them lose all sense of shame or discretion. I've been lurking and writing. Today is Carnival tuesday in Trinida. Farewell to the flesh!

Lisa said...

I've heard Mardi Gras is off the hook crazy. I'm sure you saw all kins of interesting stuff, lol! Congrats on your recent sales and your upcoming release!

Kaylea Cross said...

Wait, which ms did you sell to Carina? Details please! And congrats on your contracts with EC. You're kicking ass and taking names, and I like it :)

Did you go to the parade in Nola?

Shelley Munro said...

It sounds as if you've been really busy. Congrats on the new contracts. We don't have anything like Mardi Gras down here in NZ. Maybe one day I'll get to see one.