Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Updates!

If you follow me on twitter then you probably already know that a couple weeks ago I signed a two-story deal with Harlequin's Nocturne Cravings line (formerly their Bites line). DESTINED MATE, the first story is slated to release October 2011 which is pretty cool. I hadn't expected anything so soon but I'm definitely not complaining! I talked to my new editor this week and it doesn't sound like there's going to be a lot of edits so that's a huge plus.


Here's a very brief (unofficial) summary of what Destined Mate is about:


When Angela was turned into a vampire, she ran from her werewolf lover rather than face his disdain for her kind, but after her best friend turns up missing, she has no choice but to follow the trail straight into a den of wolves and the arms of the man she fears most.



The second story still has a pending title and when I have more details on that I'll post them. Writing for Harlequin has been a long time dream of mine, probably because I grew up reading them from my mom's secret stash. I wish I could play it cool but receiving that call from my agent was so exciting! It still feels a little surreal. Since I can't drink alcohol right now I'm definitely planning for some wine celebration once I'm able.


In other news, I've got two weeks until Baby Reus is due. He might come earlier but for now I'm playing catch up trying to get all my last minute writing stuff done. His room is ready and the hospital bag(s) are packed so I'm basically just waiting for him to get here. :)

7 comments:

ChrisS said...

Awww. That's exciting news about baby Reus. Best wishes to you all and Congratulations on your Harlequin deal.

Pamela Cayne said...

Wow--what a year! Sending crazy happy Baby Reus vibes!

Chudney Thomas said...

Still doing a Happy dance for you on all counts.

Diane said...

Wishing you the very best on your upcoming new arrival!

I'm happy about the new Destined Mates, your story with vampires and werewolves sounds really good, my favorites.

December said...

So excited for you, on BOTH fronts.

Sandra Ferguson said...

Big congrats on the 2-book deal . . . and one hitting the shelf so soon is definitely reason for celebration.

Tracy said...

Congratulations! Destined Mates sounds great! :)

Hope you're well!