Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cold Alaskan Nights and Hot Wolf Shifters!

Please welcome guest author Paige Tyler!

When I first read that
Whiskey Creek Press Torrid was coming out with a new line of books called the Men of Alaska Series, I totally knew I had to write a book for it. I mean, what's more exciting than a hot, hunky, outdoorsy hero, right?!

I played around with a lot of different storylines, but I kept coming back to the idea of werewolves. Not only did wolves seem to fit well into the Alaskan theme, but I've got a serious thing for shifters! So, I decided to go for it. I thought it would be more fun for the heroine to be a complete skeptic, so I made her a reluctant reporter for a paranormal magazine. I figured that would lead to lots of amusing interaction with the hunky hero, who just happens to be a werewolf, of course! After I did a little bit of research on
Fairbanks, I was ready to go, and one I started, the story seemed to write itself.

The first book in the series is called ANIMAL ATTRACTION and I'm excited to say it was an EPIC Award Finalist!
Originally, ANIMAL ATTRACTION was going to be a stand-alone book. As it turns out, though, Hunter, the hero in ANIMAL ATTRACTION, has a twin brother. I didn't think that much about it at the time, but when my editor read it, she said, "Hey, it would be cool to do a story about the twin brother!"

That got me thinking - which can be a little dangerous, I know! After ANIMAL ATTRACTION came out, I heard from so many readers who said the same thing - we want a book about Hunter's twin brother, Luke!

I was like, "I can totally do that!"

The sequel, ANIMAL INSTINCT, also takes place in Alaska, but it's set in Anchorag
e instead of Fairbanks. And this time, instead of focusing on the heroine falling for a guy she doesn't know is a werewolf, I wanted to concentrate on what it would be like for a person, in this case the heroine in the story, to be bitten by a werewolf, then follow her through the process of turning into one for the first time with the help of the man she loves.
I'm thrilled to say that ANIMAL INSTINCT is as wildly popular at the first book in the series. In fact, it was a #1 Bestseller at Torrid!
I'm currently working on an idea for a couple more books in the series, one focusing on a hot cop and the other featuring an all grown-up chracter everyone fell in love with in ANIMAL INSTINCT. I'm really excited about them!

ANIMAL ATTRACTION
Not only are werewolves real, they're damn hunky, too!
Frustrated when none of the real newspapers will hire her as a reporter, Eliza Bradley takes the only job she can get – at a paranormal magazine. Her first assignment takes her to Fairbanks , Alaska to investigate the possibility that a werewolf has killed two local hikers.

She forgets about the story, however, when she meets Hunter McCall, a local college professor and an expert on wolves. The man is an absolute hunk, and she finds herself spending more time in his bed than worrying about werewolves. That is, until Eliza finds out that Hunter isn’t just an animal in the sack, he’s an animal out of it, too - of the werewolf variety! Talk about a complicated relationship!

But Eliza can’t dwell on Hunter’s little shapeshifting issues.
There’s another werewolf out there with a taste for human blood, and she and Hunter are the only ones who can stop him.




ANIMAL INSTINCT
Every girl wants guy who's an animal in bed!
Artist Heidi Gibson is spending the summer up in Anchorage doing some painting when she gets attacked by a crazed wolf. She is rescued by golden-eyed wildlife biologist Luke McCall, who calmly informs she has been bitten by a werewolf and will turn into one during the next full moon. Thinking he’s obviously out of his mind, she can’t get away from him fast enough.

When strange things start happening to her, however, she begins to think the ruggedly handsome biologist could be right. Not knowing what else to do, she goes to Luke and is stunned to discover that he knows so much about werewolves because he’s one himself.

As Luke teaches her what she needs to know about being a werewolf, Heidi finds herself falling hard for the Alaskan hunk. But while they’re intent on each other, the werewolf that attacked her comes back into the picture, and he’s not exactly happy that another of his kind is trying to take the woman he believes is his rightful mate. Can Luke and Heidi's attraction overpower the jealousy of the rogue werewolf?




Happy Reading!
*hugs*
Paige

13 comments:

Paige Tyler said...

Thanks so much for inviting me to guest blog!

*hugs*
Paige

Adonis Devereux said...

Nice covers! Who would've thought that a place so cold could have characters so hot! (^_^)v

Paige Tyler said...

Adonis - LOL! And they are hot! Thanks!

*hugs*
Paige

Katie Reus said...

Thanks so much for joining me, Paige! You know how much I love shifters ;)

Paige Tyler said...

Katie - Me, too! They're so sexy!

*hugs*
Paige

Becky said...

Great post! I love shifters! These are two of my favorite shifter stories.

Paige Tyler said...

Becky - Yay! Thank you so much! I'm so flattered!

*hugs*
Paige

Melissa said...

Oooh, I'm loving the sounds of these!! I've never heard of them ~ and there is just SOMETHING elusive and wild and dangerous about Alaska. GREAT blog!

Paige Tyler said...

Melissa - Thank you so much! Hope you'll give them a try. IF you do, let me know how you like them! And I agree about Alaska. Wild and untamed, it's the perfect setting for werewolves!

*hugs*
Paige

Nay Nay said...

I just loved Animal Attraction and can't wait to get Animal Instinct. I would absolutely love it if you continue the series.

Thanks for writing them.

Renee

Paige Tyler said...

Renee - Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed Animal Attraction! You totally have to let me know how you like Animal Instinct. I keep trying to work on Chase's book, which is the next in the series, but keep getting pulling away to do other books! Which gets Chase quite perturbed! LOL!

*hugs*
Paige

Anne said...

Love the cover on Animal Attraction!

Paige Tyler said...

Anne - Thanks! Me, too!

*hugs*
Paige