Saturday, October 8, 2011

Embrace Your Inner Monster

Shifters, vampires, witches, fae, angels, I love reading about all supernatural creatures! I also really love alpha males and if you’ve read my stuff, you already know that. Males in paranormals are usually more in touch with their animal side and that makes them so much sexier on every level. It also makes writing them a lot more fun. A man who is unapologetic in being who he is and doesn’t mind tapping into his primal side, especially for his woman, is soooo sexy.

The same goes for females. I love writing about a woman who isn’t afraid to go toe to toe with her man. That doesn’t mean she needs to be able to wield a weapon and kick ass (though the heroine in my current release does that very well), just that she has no problem standing up for herself and those she loves. But if she is a supernatural creature, I love it when she embraces her inner ‘monster’ whether she’s a vampire or shifter or whatever.

In DESTINED MATE, my recent release, my hero is a shifter and when his beast comes out to fight, watch out! The same goes for my heroine. She’s got teeth and isn’t afraid to use them.

Destined Mate:

Almost a century ago, Angela Lavigne and Alpha werewolf Knox had a shared passion neither could control. Then Angela was turned into a vampire and disappeared.

The last thing Knox expects is for Angela to show up on his doorstep on a rescue mission, as sexy and irresistible as ever. And he can sense how much she still wants him, too. She's gone against both their species' rules and trespassed on his land. By law he can keep her as long as he wants—and Knox doesn't intend to let her go ever again.

As their desire explodes once again, Knox is more sure than ever that he must claim her forever. But as vampire and werewolf, they are natural born enemies. Can she truly be his destined mate?

One commenter will be entered to win a digital copy of DESTINED MATE and two paperback Harlequin Nocturnes. I’ll announce the winner in the comments section of the blog by Wednesday, October 12th but please leave your email address so I have a way to contact you.

Thank you for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Yto said...

i like my heroes with teeth and nails too ^^
a passive hero who doesn't stand up for him/herself is just boring and my inert feminist side is screaming out in outrage ;)

witchvela at web dot de

Vanessa N. said...

I love paranormal stories, especially shifters and vampires. The cover is awesome. Thanks for the chance.

mythic021@gmail.com

books4me said...

I read a lot of paranormal books with vampires and really would like to read more weres. This sounds like a great read!

books4me67 at ymail.com

Saetana said...

Sounds interesting, I read some paranormal fiction and some erotic romance but very rarely the two together, a shifter novel would be a nice change from my usual vampire fare ;o)

Saetana

nikki.hayes@hotmail.co.uk

Katie Reus said...

Thanks Yto! Definitely not a fan of passive anything :)

Thanks Vanessa. I love this cover too!

I can always read more shifter stories books4me ;)

Hi Saetana, it was fun combining erotic romance and paranormal (there's also a vampire in this story)

Diane said...

I've been reading vampires and shifters for so long, maybe my liking came from watching I Dream of Jeanie.

Katie Reus said...

I used to watch that when I was young too, Diane :)

Anne said...

I think a little interspecies romance could work. Both shifters and vampire are predators after all. I also enjoy books were neither main character is passive.

Katie Reus said...

Thank you everyone for stopping by! According to random.org, Anne is the winner. Please contact me at katiereus at yahoo . com Thanks :)