Friday, March 9, 2012

What are you reading this weekend?

Happy Friday everyone! So glad the weekend is finally here. This weekend I plan to fully start my spring cleaning. Technically I don't think Spring starts here for another week or so but I'm long overdue for some cleaning and purging. I'm like the anti-pack rat. I do not hoard stuff! Which is why I can't watch that show Hoarders. I shudder even thinking about it. (Kaylea Cross, I think you're crazy for loving that show! ;)). Clothes that don't fit or just aren't getting worn are getting donated to Good Will, the filing cabinet is getting organized and purged...I'm kind of excited to use my shredder (please don't judge me!), and my house will be spotless by Sunday! Or at least that's the plan.

I also plan to get a little reading in this weekend. Sheltered by Charlotte Stein is out today from Ellora's Cave and I've already bought and downloaded it to my kindle. I love the entire premise of the story and since I haven't read an erotic romance in a while that I've absolutely loved, I'm really looking forward to settling down with this story and a glass of wine tonight.

If you haven't read Charlotte Stein before, I highly recommend her. She has a very unique voice and her characters are always so likeable. And if you're interested in Sheltered, here's the buy link and a quick blurb:

Evie has lived her entire life under her abusive father’s thumb. He controls everything. Where she goes to college, who she sees, what she does. But when she meets Van—a punk who shows her how different life could be—she realizes how much she’s been missing.


Van offers her excitement, protection, love…and most of all, sex—even if he’s at first reluctant to give her all the things she’s been craving. She wants to explore this new world of arousal and desire, but Van is only too aware of how fragile she is, how innocent…


And how much is at stake, when their love is forbidden.


I hope everyone has a great weekend!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Good for you with the Spring Cleaning. The sense of accomplishment when you are done is always fantastic.

I just hit up my local library for the first time today (I only moved here five months ago!) Yeah, it took a while. I have a few books from my visit, but I also just downloaded a few books. I feel like I should read the library books so that I don't wait and end up with overdue fees, but I have your book in my Kindle! It is a dilemma. I guess I need to decide if I am in a paranormal mood or suspense mood.

Katie Reus said...

I fight w/ my reading moods too, lol! I haven't been in the mood for an erotic romance in a while but the blurb and excerpt of Sheltered just sucked me in. Whatever you choose to read, I hope you love it!

Diane said...

we still ahve snow predicted for tonight so no spring cleaning yet for us.
I am reading the new Stella Cameron book: Darkness Bound.

Enjoy youe weekend.

Katie Reus said...

Yikes! No snow here (ever). Ooh, I've heard good things about that book! Hope you enjoy it and have a great weekend :)

MJFredrick said...

I’m reading Caught on Camera, a Blaze by Meg Maguire, about a guy who does a survival reality show and his production assistant who is in love with him. They’re stranded in the Canadian wilds right now. Fun stuff!

Katie Reus said...

Meg Maguire is another author with a unique voice! I've actually only read her alter ego Cara McKenna but her Maguire stuff is on my 'tbr' list :) Glad you're enjoying Caught on Camera!

Kaylea Cross said...

Ha! I know Hoarders is hard to watch. There have been a couple episodes that have mentally scarred me and my kids, lol. *shudder*

I love doing closet purges, getting rid of old clothes/toys/books, etc. De-cluttering just makes me feel peaceful inside.

Katie Reus said...

It cracks me up that you watch that show! I agree, I'm all about de-cluttering. I swear it's the best therapy :)