Sunday, April 1, 2012

Protector's Mate is Now Available!

Protector’s Mate is officially available today from Harlequin Nocturne Cravings!

The idea for Protector’s Mate came to me out of personal experience, which is a rare thing in my writing. Years ago when my husband was in the military (we were engaged at the time) he was sent to Africa for about 5 1/2 months and we emailed each other every chance we got, sometimes multiple times a day. Looking back, I can’t believe we had that much to say to each other. Even though I was newly engaged and crazy in love with him, we still had a lot to learn about each other. Thanks to those emails we got to know each other faster than I think we would have had he not been living overseas. There’s a sort of freedom in being completely yourself when writing letters whether they’re typed or handwritten.

In Protector’s Mate the two main characters, Felicia and Alaric, get to know one another largely through email while she’s in Afghanistan working as a nurse. This all happens before the actual story starts but it sets the stage for how well they know each other when the story opens. I drew on my experience when I created their background so maybe that’s why this story is so special to me.

Protector’s Mate

After two years in a war zone, werewolf Felicia Serna has finally returned to find another pack has taken over her territory…and the new second-in-command is the very man who haunts her fantasies.

Alaric has wanted Felicia from the moment he laid eyes on her, and now he’s ready to claim her. When a threatening shifter begins stalking them, he’s determined to protect her…even if it means putting his seduction on hold. But even in the heat of danger, their red-hot passion cannot be denied.

Available as an ebook from all major digital retailers including Harlequin, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Books on Board.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Bought it today!

Katie Reus said...

Thanks, Diane! Hope you enjoy it :)

emmad said...

Just checking if it is supposed to be geo restricted? Went to purchase on Amazon (have a Kindle) but not able to due to geo restrictions (am in New Zealand)

Katie Reus said...

I think there might be geo restrictions via Amazon, but it's supposed to be available directly from the Australia Mills & Boon site. Unfortunately it's not at the moment, but someone from Harlequin is checking on that so hopefully it will be available via that venue soon. I'm not sure if that will be compatible with the kindle though so I'll check on that too :)

emmad said...

Thanks for that :)